It's no secret that my life has been pretty chaotic lately, trying to balance work, marriage and a new baby, but one thing I always make time for, no matter what, is caring for my skin. On good days it's a scrub, a mud mask, lotions and creams and a face full of make up and on days when I need all my energy to do other things it's just a light hydrating cream, foundation and blush.
The two products I'm about to share with you today are perfect for those crazy busy days we all have
sometimes all the time.
PHB Ethical Beauty is a British family business that produces the world's largest range of natural, vegan, cruelty free and halal certified beauty products, including skin care, hair care and cosmetics. Their products are handmade in the UK and are not tested on animals. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is!
I've been testing their Argan & Chamomile Hydrating Serum and Pressed Mineral Foundation and here's what I think:
Even the most critical customer would agree that everything they say about this product on their website is true.
- It's instantly absorbed into the skin: no slimy, oily residue whatsoever, which makes it perfect for your morning beauty routine. It is great as a base for makeup.
- It improves the skin's texture, leaving it smooth and hydrated for the whole day.
- This serum doesn't contain any artificial fragrances, but believe me when I say that it smells delightful. I'm not a fan of products that don't smell of anything or that have a strong herbal scent so this is a huge selling point for me.
I consider myself something of an expert on foundation as I've tried so many of them in my life, from the crazy expensive to the budget friendly, from liquid to pressed powder to loose powder, you name it - I've tried it. So here's my opinion on this one:
- One of the issues I have with a lot of brands is that even their lightest shade is not light enough for my skin. It's definitely not a problem with this one - I ordered it in porcelain and it is perfect for my complexion.
- I am obsessed with matte skin, so I'm always looking for products that will get rid of those sweaty-looking shiny patches I hate so much. This foundation keeps my skin matte all day, so that's a win.
- The texture and coverage is light, so it's perfect for the summer. It will not clog your pores and make you sweat or break out, but if you have under eye circles or blemishes, you might have to use a corrector underneath to cover them up.
- It has SPF 30 which, again, makes it perfect for the summer months. I'm not great at using sunscreen, so this one is a huge plus for me.
- The staying power is great, no need to reapply it.
So, as you can see, I'm really happy with these products and they've become an essential part of my daily beauty routine. If you'd like to try them out for yourself, use the discount code
BPPHB30 for -30% off the entire store!
It's valid till 15th October 2016. If you have the chance to try any of their products, let me know how you like them!